How can I skip quarantine in South Korea? What is Q-code?
Who Can Skip Quarantine?
Fully vaccinated international travelers who register their vaccination status and test negative for coronavirus.
After the regulations changed, government workers removed all COVID related physical barriers placed in Inchon International Airport. Which now allows travelers to take regular transit options, like: airport buses, trains, taxis, and private cars.
The situation is consistently evolving and the South Korean government made it clear restrictions can return if COVID levels increase or the severity of the cases increases. Additionally, the list of accepted countries may change for similar reasons.
As for foreigners entering Korea, I suggest you review the link for detailed information.
3 Things You Need To Check
for quarantine exemption in South Korea
- Download and fill out the form (210824 (Fully-Vaccinated) Quarantine Exemption Application.pdf) as this will give you an exemption as long as you are fully-vaccinated.
- Download and fill out the Health Condition Report Form and submit it reporting your current condition. This form can also be found on the web link I have provided above.
- Make sure you have a valid visa.
Basically, you can skip quarantine in Korea if you are fully vaccinated, have a K-ETA or valid Visa (For K-ETA, you can check out my previous blog I uploaded https://www.myguideseoul.com/travel-articles/how-to-apply-for-k-eta), have Q-Code prior to arrival to check if you are required to have a visa to enter Korea as it varies from country to country.
What is Q-Code?
The Q-code system is a pre-registration process which issues a quarantine exemption QR code and was created by the KDCA to facilitate faster health inspection times as people travel into South Korea. You can get your Q-Code from this link. On the top right corner, you’ll see ENG which will take you to the site in English.
On the top right corner, you’ll see ENG which will take you to the website in English.
The list of things you need in order to get the Q-Code are below, all items are required unless otherwise stated:
1. Valid Passport
2. Valid E-mail Address
3. Valid Airline Ticket
4. Valid “Confirmation of COVID-19 PCR Negative Test Result” Document
5. Health Condition Information
6. Valid “Certificate of COVID-19 Vaccination” (optional)
7. Valid “Quarantine Exemption” (optional)