Nanta - Seoul
Nanta is Best For
Directions to Nanta
"A talented troupe of Korean performers treats Cookin' audience to a taste of Culinary lunacy-sliced and diced to percussive perfection."
- Playbill, Minetta Lane Theatre-
NANTA premiered in 1997 and is the longest running show in Korean history. This electrifying 100-min show, on the comically-charged efforts of four cooks who are tasked with preparing an entire wedding banquet in just one hour, is one of Korea's most popular musicals of all time.
Since its first performance, this world famous non-verbal performance made a record of 20% above full capacity at the theatre driving the largest number of audience in Korean history.
Figuratively meaning "reckless punching," NANTA is a comedy set in a restaurant kitchen, where 4 chefs rush around like headless chickens preparing dishes for a wedding banquet. In the midst of the chaos, these playful, flamboyant cooks use whatever they lay their hands on - kitchen untensils, knives, pots and pans, brooms - as percussion instruments to create Samulnori - a genre of traditional percussion music in Korea characterized by strong, accented rhythms, vibrant body movements and an energetic spirit.
The main NANTA Theater is located in Myeongdong Shopping District, inside the UNESCO Building on the 3rd floor. The theater is easy to find. Just locate the NOON Square Mall. It is a landmark building in Myeongdong and NANTA is in the UNESCO Building right next to it. Closest subway station is Myeongdong Station exit 6.
If you click the map you will find the addresses for 3 different theaters. They all show the NANTA non verbal performance show. Choose you preferred location. The Hongdae Theater just opened and will be convenient for those staying near Hongik University District! You can also see the directions to this new theater if you click the map. Of all three theaters, we recommend the Myeongdong and Hongdae theaters, as you can go shopping and sightseeing easily before or after the show!
Book tickets here
Show Time : Mon~Fri 20:00, Sat,Sun&Holiday 14:00, 17:00
Now you can also learn how to play the NANTA rhytm using real instruments as well as bottles pans etc just like the real actors.
The new NANTA academy 60min program lets you experience and learn how to play the original NANTA rhytm. Learn from former and current actors and producers AND get your performance recorded to keep as a memory. Click here for more info! or call for more info. +82-2-739-8288 or click the attachment on the right handside above the Facebook plugin.
NANTA Character Hanji Doll
Now you can get your own NANTA character dolls! Hanji dolls are masterly handcrafted from the best quality Korean Hanji traditional paper. There are 4 dolls in 1 set and individual purchase is also possible. Price: 120,000 won for 1 set (4 dolls)/ 30,000 won for 1 doll
Sales place at MyeongDong NANTA Theater and ChungJeongNo NANTA Theater. The Hanji Dolls are handmade products, which takes 1-2 days for making. For pre order, please send us your inquiry at the following e-mail address until 4 days before the show date. Booking & Info: email@example.com / +82-2-721-7635
SPECIAL AREX Package (NANTA + Airport Express Train)
How to purchase
1. Sign up an account for NANTA website and log-on
2. Click [Booking Tickets] > Click Booking button for Myeongdong or Chungjeongno
3. Select date, time and seat class (VIP or S) > Select 'AREX Package' on the discount list> payment
1. You cannot cancel the package after reservation. (*You can cancel on the day of payment).
2. You can check AREX Certification numbers on your NANTA booking confirmation. See the package and you will see the coupon number.
3. For using it, present your certification numbers at the AREX Station ticket booth.
4. You can get a train ticket when presenting the "AREX" certification number at Incheon Int'l Airport Station or Seoul station Airport train information center.
5. This "AREX" certification number is valid until 31 Dec 2015. (You can take a ticket whenever you want to take the AREX at the AREX ticket booth with above certification numbers).
6. The train ticket is a one-off ticket for the non-stop express train between Incheon Int"l Airport and Seoul Station.
7. The train ticket cannot be exchanged for cash.
8. Usage of train ticket is subject to the terms and conditions of Korail Airport Train.
9. The ticketholder is liable for loss or damage of train ticket.