Best V Line Surgery in Korea
South Korea is now considered the world capital of plastic surgery, and procedures such as V line surgery have been perfected in Korea thanks to its culture of beauty and technical innovation. Click here for the guide to plastic surgery in Korea
- What Is Korean V Line Surgery
- V Line Surgery In Korea
- V Line Surgery Techniques in Korea
- Benfits of Korean V Line Surgery
- Before and After Pictures of Korean V Line Surgery
- Best V Line Surgery Clinics in Korea
- V line Surgery Trip to South Korea
- Frequently Asked Questions
What is Korean V line surgery?V line surgery is one of several facial contouring procedures. Its ultimate goal is to change a rounded “U” shaped jaw line to a sharper “V” shaped one. It involves removing sections of the jawbone and moving the chin either forward or back with a sliding genioplasty. The end result is a more streamlined and less square or rounded jaw shape.
V line Surgery in KoreaV line surgery is incredibly popular in South Korea (especially among women) thanks to cultural beauty standards in which a “V” shaped jaw line is seen as being more attractive. As such, Korea has become synonymous with the procedure and Seoul is a hotspot for both Koreans and medical tourists seeking high-quality and affordable procedures.
Click here for a free consultation
V line Surgery Techniques in KoreaChoosing the right procedure for you can be a little confusing, not least because V line surgery goes by many different names—Korean V line surgery, Asian V line surgery, Jaw Reduction surgery, and Mandibuloplasty, to name a few.
There are also several other kinds of facial contouring procedures available, with V line surgery being just one of them. There is also Zygoma (cheekbone) surgery, Square Jaw surgery, and Double Jaw surgery. This article is focussing on Korean V line, but if you want to take a look at some of the other facial contouring options (as they may be more appropriate for you) you can see a useful guide HERE.
Benefits of Korean V line SurgeryWhy have V line surgery in Korea? First and foremost, V line surgery is an extremely common practice here. On top of this, huge amounts of technological investment coupled with highly-qualified, experienced, and trustworthy surgeons makes Korea an unrivaled choice for what is a high-precision procedure.
Affordability and CostAnother crucial consideration is the cost of V line surgery in Korea. Among all the famous plastic surgery destinations in the world, Korea provides the most well-rounded experience between cost, safety, expertise, and translation services. Depending on the method and difficulty of the procedure, Korean V line surgery can cost between 5,000–9,000USD. Prices in the USA, for example, can be up to triple or even quadruple that cost.
Training and InvestmentAs previously mentioned, South Korea has a huge number of certified surgeons who are highly-trained and highly-experienced. Furthermore, Korean plastic surgery technology has become the global gold standard with over 25% (around 5 trillion won) of the global market share in beauty.
Safety and TransparencyExtensive training and investment inevitably leads to greater levels of safety when performing such complex procedures as V line surgery. Furthermore, Korea offers high levels of protection for its patients, including CCTV cameras in operating theaters and the disclosure of identities of those performing the surgery.
Before and After Pictures of Korean V line SurgeryAlthough Korean V line surgery is most common in women, it is not gender exclusive and can be performed on anyone who wants it.
Best V line Surgery Clinics in KoreaAs with any procedure, it is important to do your research before choosing a clinic. Do they meet your required needs? Does their clinic meet your standards? Do their surgeons’ attitudes align with your goals and expectations? Schedule some consultations with different clinics in order to answer these important questions.
Operating since 2000 out of Seoul’s Gangnam district, BANOBAGI Plastic Surgery specializes in facial contouring, among other procedures such as anti-aging, breast and body plastic surgery.
All of BANOBAGI’s 15 surgeons are board-certified and have many years experience studying, writing about, and performing plastic surgery. As such it has become one of the most respectable clinics in Korea.
Run by four board-certified surgeons, including Jae Yong Jeong, MD.PHD, the president of the Korean Society of Rhinoplasty Surgeons, THE PLUS Plastic Surgery is a highly-respected clinic in the heart of Gangnam, Seoul.
V line Surgery Trip to South Korea
1. Pick your clinicThere are multiple reputable plastic surgery clinics in Seoul, South Korea's capital city. You can read more about them HERE.
2. Get an online consultationOnce you have picked the clinic you wish to work with, you can fill out their consultation form and go through the consultation process. After submitting your photos and reviewing the recommendations of the doctor, you can move on to the next step.
3. Reserve your surgery date and pay a depositOnce you have settled your travel plans, you can pick a date for your surgery. Most clinics will ask that you pay a 10% deposit to reserve your surgery date.
4. Come to South Korea and undergo treatmentTravel to South Korea and visit your chosen clinic for an in-person consultation, usually the day before your surgery. V line surgery usually takes around 2 hours to perform and you could be required to stay in the hospital for one night following the procedure.
5. Rest for five daysIt is safe to resume daily activities after five days following V line surgery. Until then, relax and recover in your accommodation whilst being sure to follow any advice given to you by the surgeons.
6. Follow-up stitch removalYou will be required to make a follow-up visit to the clinic for stitch removal after about 14 days.
7. Final results after around 1-2 monthsIt’s perfectly normal to experience discomfort after V line surgery, including bruising, swelling and pain. The surgeons will be able to prescribe medications / give you advice on how to deal with this. After one to two months your face should be back to normal and you will see the final results of the surgery.
Frequently Asked Questions
How much does V line Surgery cost in Korea?
How risky is V line surgery?
Is V line surgery the same as Double Jaw surgery?
Double jaw surgery is a procedure that corrects jaw abnormalities. It can involve your upper jaw (maxilla), lower jaw (mandible), or both upper and lower jaws.
So, V line surgery is not the same as double jaw surgery. They are two different procedures that serve different purposes.
What is the age limit for plastic surgery in Korea?
What do Koreans eat after surgery?
- Seaweed Soup (Miyeokguk)
- Ginseng Chicken Soup (Samgyetang)
- Pumpkin Porridge (Hobakjuk)
- Red Bean Porridge (Patjuk)
- Grilled Eel (Jangeo-gui)
- Ox Bone Soup (Seolleongtang)